Time for another Three Ingredient Thursday! Today’s feature? The Amaranth Walnut Bowl.
So, this one is pretty self-explanatory – it’s amaranth mixed with spinach and topped with chopped walnuts. Really simple, clean flavors, and nutritionally, it’s a complete vegan meal. Here’s how you make it:
1. 1/3 cup amaranth
2. 1/2 or more cup fresh baby spinach
3. 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Fill small pot with 2/3 cup water, add amaranth, and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
2. Bring pot to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
3. Let amaranth simmer until water is about 90% absorbed (approximately 20 minutes), then add the baby spinach.
4. Mix spinach and amaranth thoroughly, then allow mixture to simmer, uncovered, until remaining water is fully absorbed.
5. Remove from heat, plate on small plate or in bowl, and top with chopped walnuts.